Rabu, 07 Mei 2008

I used to pray for paitence.



Taken from my conversation with my mom last night ;
“God is being patient with you” (2 Pet. 3:9).
And if God is being patient with you, can’t you pass on some patience to others?
Of course you can. Because before love is anything else:
Love is patient.

Impatient and easily irritated, I used to pray for patience.

Then I had an idea. Perhaps if I keep asking to be taught a lesson, I will keep having the same experiences that frustrate me. You may have heard direct answers to your prayers. But I have not. If God wants me to know it’s Him, He’s going to have to speak up to be heard over the other voices that fill my head at any given moment. So whether or not anyone is listening, it is therapeutic for me to have a quiet moment of inner reflection now and again.

My prayers are ones of gratitude:

Thank you for the lesson I have learned today. (I don’t need a refresher course, I really think I got it!)

Thank you for the bountiful blessings I enjoy.

Thank you for the peace and calm that fill my heart.

Thank you for the people who share my life.

The more challenging or frustrating the day, the more I try to find to be thankful about:

I am thankful that I finished my exam for today

I have a good life.

I have two arms and two legs and no reason to bitch.

And you?

0 comments: